Covid-19 Business Update 11 – Wednesday 6th May 2020
Following our previous update on 30th April 2020, please find below notable changes that have been released via gov.uk.
Bounce Back Loans
The scheme is now open and we have commenced processing applications on your behalf. For further details please see our update 10 (30th April 2020).
If you wish Lishmans to undertake an application on your behalf please send an email to email@example.com
Self-employment Income Support Scheme (SEISS)
We are not able to do either of the steps for you, it must be done by you individually but we will be here to support you through the process if its needed.
Check you are eligible
You can now check your eligibility for the scheme:
1. Follow the link below:
2. Before you start you need to have your:
• National Insurance number and
• Self Assessment Unique Taxpayer Reference (UTR) number
You can find both of these numbers on the last personal tax computation that we sent you in the top tright hand corner. They will also be detailed on all correspondence from HMRC.
If HMRC confirm you are eligible, you then need your Government Gateway user ID and password.
If you don’t have an account, or have forgotten your details, follow the instructions on gov.uk by searching for the ‘Self-Employment Income Support Scheme’. Please check your contact details are correct in your Government Gateway account particularly your email address as this is how you will be contacted.
You cannot access the financial support yet.
HMRC will send you an email soon to tell you when the claim system is available for you to use, this is expected to be between 13th and 18th May 2020.
How to make a claim
Once HMRC have emailed you with your claim date, please follow these simple steps to make your claim:
• You need your Government Gateway user ID and password, bank account number and sort code.
• HMRC will calculate the income support you’re entitled to, based on the information you have submitted in your previous tax returns.
• After HMRC have received your claim and verified it, they will pay the money directly into your bank account within six working days.
Please be vigilant for scam emails, messages or calls. You will only need to submit bank details through the government gateway.Return to our Dedicated Page for Covid-19 Client Updates